- Do SPD™ rolls contain taurine?
Yes, all SPD™ rolls contain all essential amino acids including taurine.
- Are SPD™ rolls suitable for puppies?
Yes, most SPD™ rolls can be fed to puppies as a complete meal.Sk-D™ Kangaroo & Potato and Sk-D™ Kangaroo & Pumpkin rolls do not contain sufficient calories for active/growing puppies and should be supplemented with additional calories.
- Which SPD™ roll is best for a dog’s skin?
All our diets are great for skin. If your dog can tolerate salmon, the Sk-D™ Salmon & Tapioca roll is the best skin support diet as it is naturally rich in Omega 3 and 6. If your dog cannot tolerate salmon, the Sk-D200 rolls are designed for optimal dermatological support.
- What is an elimination diet?
An elimination diet is where a veterinary professional places a dog, or cat, on a ‘novel’ single protein diet such as Sk-D200 Crocodile & Tapioca for a period of 8-10 weeks (or as directed), if the dogs indications have improved, the veterinarian will usually challenge the dog or cat with another process to see if they react to the protein to identify an allergy. After this time, the dog should only have proteins that they do not react to.
- What else can I feed my dog on an elimination diet?
An elimination diet of Crocodile & Tapioca can be supplemented with crocodile bones only. The most common problem during elimination diets is that the dog will eat something other than the elimination diet which could cause a reaction.
- My dog is losing weight on an elimination diet, what should I do?
If your dog is losing weight on an elimination diet you may need to increase the amount being fed. We suggest speaking with your veterinarian to confirm the amounts.
- Are SPD™ rolls suitable for cats?
Yes, most SPD™ rolls can be safely fed to cats, except for the A/F™ Pea & Hemp Oil roll as the roll contains no meat.
- Can I feed my cat the A/F™ Pea & Hemp Oil roll?
No, this roll is not suitable for cats as it contains no meat.
- How should I feed an SPD™ roll to my cat?
SPD™ rolls can be combined with a cat’s dry food as a ‘topper’.
- Do SPD™ rolls include a guarantee?
Yes, all Prime100 products include our Palatability Guarantee.If you purchase an SPD™ roll and your dog dislikes it, or if there is a problem with the roll, you can return it to the place of purchase for a replacement or a full refund (proof of purchase required).
As SPD™ rolls are a fresh product, our Palatability Guarantee is void if the product is frozen.
- How much should I feed my dog?
- For an average adult dog – 200-300g per 10kg per day.
- For puppies – 400-600g per 10kg per day.
Some dogs will have higher energy requirements (e.g. working dogs) and will need to be fed more, and some dogs (e.g. overweight dogs or low energy dogs) will need to be fed less – this is a general feeding guide.
- How long after opening should the product be kept?
Once open, if refrigerated below 4°C, we recommend using the product within 7-10 days.To ensure freshness, seal the end of the roll with aluminium foil. If the roll is stored in plastic containers or resealable bags exposure to oxygen will reduce the life of the product.
- Can SPD™ rolls be frozen?
Yes, SPD™ rolls can be frozen, and we recommend portioning the roll first to make it easier to thaw. As SPD™ rolls are a fresh product, our Palatability Guarantee does not cover the product once frozen.
- Do the rolls have enough calcium, glucosamine and chondroitin for bone & joint support?
Yes, SPD™ rolls contain ground down bones from the same protein. This allows for naturally sourced and absorbed calcium, glucosamine and chondroitin.